Join our Volunteer Team!
Our vision is to engage volunteers in providing services and resources for the early care and education of children by inspiring involvement, supporting effort, and celebrating achievement. Our volunteers have passion, purpose, and power.
Community Resources for Children is proud to be certified by Points of Light as a Service Enterprise! A Service Enterprise is an organization that fundamentally leverages volunteers and their skills throughout their organization to successfully deliver on its social mission.
We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities, including activities that include direct engagement with our clients and also project-based opportunities that will strengthen the services and capacity of Community Resources for Children to better serve families of Napa County. Some examples include:
- Join the Resources Development Committee and support us by developing our fundraising/marketing efforts.
- Support community outreach.
- Be a photographer and/or videographer for our events.
- Provide support for the Toy Library and Early Learning Center, including maintaining a welcome and fun environment, loaning toys out to families and child care professionals, and assisting with interactive activities that occur during operating hours.
- Help with our annual family events like “No Sweet Trick or Treat” in October or “Dr. Seuss Family Literacy Night” in March.
- Assist with our graphic design needs.
Complete our Volunteer Interest Form to get involved.
Or, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tailor a volunteer position that furthers the mission of Community Resources for Children and meets your needs!
Volunteer Readers Needed for Story Time at Napa Farmer's Market - We are currently recruiting readers for Story Time at the Tuesday and Saturday Napa Farmer's Markets this summer, and need volunteers to read! Sharing and reading books with children prepares them for school and establishes a foundation for life long learning. Story Time is every Tuesday and Saturday morning at the Napa Farmer's Market (located in the South Napa Century Center, at 195 Gasser Drive) from 10-10:30am. Readers bring their own books to read to children (age appropriate 0-10 years old). If you would like to be a Story Time reader, please sign up here.
Volunteer with CRC at Safeway Open!
We are very excited to be back again at Silverado Resort & Spa in October 2017. We had a great time last year making new friends and raising funds for Community Resources for Children. We did such a great job that we have been assigned to a VIP Skybox at the 18th green this year!! Even if you don't follow golf, you know that this is a prime location. We will be serving wine, beer and prepared food. Come out to the 18th green and support CRC's early learning programs. If you would like to volunteer, please sign up here.
Dates: October 4th - 8th, 2017
Location: Silverado Resort & Spa
Volunteer Requirements for Safeway Open:
1) Volunteers must be RBS certified to serve alcohol - online trainings are only $12.95 or you can wait for one of several free trainings that will be offered as we get closer to October. Certifications are valid for 2 years.
2) Attend 1 mandatory volunteer training at Silverado in September.
3) Sign up for one or more 5 hour shift!
That's it! We're going to have a great time again this year. Just like last year, you will be able to stay to watch some golf or enjoy the concert after your shift ends. CRC receives a generous financial contribution from Safeway Open for every volunteer hour provided and all tips raised benefit Community Resources for Children's Early Learning programs.
After you sign up for your shift, you will receive regular updates and email communications about this opportunity.